Corporate Social Responsibility – Sport
Underlying all of Erongo RED’s policies and practices is our accountability towards the communities in which we operate. We, at Erongo RED believe in the involvement and commitment towards the development of our people. The Erongo RED CSR predominantly directs its funding on the communities that are directly involved with the company’s operations.
Erongo RED is committed to the development of sports in Namibia. Erongo RED sponsors a number of running events, soccer, gymnastics, karate, disability sport. We believe that these events contribute to promoting unity, celebrating diversity and stimulating healthy life style. Believing strongly, as it does, that sport is an activity that enables a healthy mind and body, Erongo RED has always actively encouraged and supported sport in multiple ways. Erongo RED E.g. Sponsorships of temporary electricity connections for events and functions.
During the period under review, Erongo RED sponsored community related activities worth over N$0.5 million.
- Consideration will be given to proposals or applications if it falls under Erongo RED focal and funding areas as indicated under number 5 and 6 of this policy.
- It must endeavour to improve the livelihood of the community in a practical way.
- It must re-enforce the relationship with the community.
- It must be tangible or at least have an impact on the community to a certain degree.
- Specific details of the proposed sponsorship activity including background information.
- A list of other sponsors who have committed to the activity.
- Any relevant market research, key dates and deadlines, expected participation numbers and demographics, budget, and how the sponsorship seekers plan to measure the success of the activity.
- Sustainability potential.
- Branding opportunity.
- All requests for sponsorship must be directed to the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee.
- Adequate lead time, generally 3 months prior to the scheduled event or project, should be given. Flexibility on the lead time will depend on the nature of the opportunity such a project or event offers Erongo RED.
- Proposals must be submitted on the applicant’s organisation’s letterhead and the applicant’s organisation must be duly registered with the recognised registration body or bodies. The individuals or organisations without letterheads or who are not registered with professional body will be considered on merits.
- The PR office will review all proposals to assess suitability, feasibility, and resources required.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their submission within three months from the receipt date of their submission by Erongo RED.
Being a Corporate Citizen since the establishment of its CSR Committee, Erongo RED has invested in a number of projects. Chief amongst the sponsorships done to date is education. Erongo RED is strongly determined to make a difference to the Namibian youth by rewarding hard-working and dedicated students with bursaries. Since 2012, Erongo RED has sponsored six (6) full bursaries to students from various regions studying in the fields of finance, electrical engineering and law.
In addition, Erongo RED has granted 10 apprenticeships to students from various vocational training centres, such as the Namibian Institute of Mining and Technology (NIMT), giving them the opportunity to gain practical skills through job attachment programmes.