Business Unit: Network Operations & Maintenance
Paterson Grade: D3
Duty Station: Walvis Bay
Purpose of the job:
- To provide technical engineering services to the Network Operations and Maintenance Business Unit by functionally performing protection commissioning tests, performing various relevant and appropriate simulations, engaging a variety of commissioning tests on new equipment and to research and advise on new technology available to electricity utilities in the field of Distribution Network, including SCADA, communications, switchgear, transformer cables and accessories, inter alia.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Electrical) or Bachelor of Technology (Electrical) or National Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Preferred Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Electrical).
Key Performance Areas:
- Advisory Services
- Quality of Supply and Service
- Supply and Distribution of Electrical Energy
- Operational Due Diligence and Reporting
- System Availability and Network Performance (Quality of Supply)
- Maintain and Operate Network Infrastructure
- Self-Development and Growth
- People and Performance Management
- Fourteen (14) years engineering experience, of which seven (7) years were in a similar environment.
- Registered as Incorporated Engineer (Electrical)
- Code B Driver’s License
Applicants who comply with the above-mentioned requirements may submit their CV’s plus certified copies of educational qualifications to: Daniel Kuzatjike, Human Capital Division, P.O. Box 2925, Walvis Bay, Contact Details: 064-214 600 or hand deliver at Erongo RED Head Office, 91 Hage Geingob Street, Walvis Bay. Please note that no documents will be returned and no faxed or emailed applications will be accepted. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews and subjected to Psychometric Assessment.
Closing Date: Friday, 11 May 2018