1. Free prepaid meter installation only available to the pensioners up to 40Amps connection and customers on the debt management scheme.
2. Registered pensioners are exempted from paying the basic charges.
3. Usage steps apply per billing cycle and do not accrue.
4. Usage steps apply per calendar month and do not accrue.
5. Registered pensioners connected up to 40 Amp circuit breaker size qualify for the subsidised rates.
6. Pensioners are advised to re-register annually at the nearest Erongo RED Office.
7. To benefit from subsidised tariffs, customers must apply for new <20 Amps, connection. Erongo RED will carry the initial cost to downgrade to <20 Amps.
8. Network Access is charged on Contractual Notified Maximum Demand (NMD) as per Power Supply Agreement or highest peak in previous 12 months.
9. Demand is charged on current demand peak. The charge will be applied to demand measured in peak, standard and off-peak period.